There are so many reasons why a Pan Tilt Zoom Camera is a great choice when installing a security system. We carry a variety of indoor and outdoor PTZ cameras, with many different options to choose from based on your needs. Let’s go over the top 10 benefits to selecting a PTZ.
1. Large Field of View– Motorized Zoom Lens (4.5mm to 135mm), is intended to see people, vehicles and other items of interest at a distance.
2. Built-in Motion Tracking– Detect motion, track a person or object, automatically panning, tilting, or zooming to follow. The video would provide excellent evidence in case of theft or vandalism to your property.
3. Night Vision– A significant benefit when there is poor lighting. Infrared LED lamps onboard can deliver invisible IR light out to almost 500 feet on a moonless night. Controlled via Smart IR, you get a clear picture even if there is white glare, by adjusting the brightness.
4. Weatherproof– Made to live in even extreme environments. Our PTZ cameras are rated to -40 and up to +150 degrees Fahrenheit. Intelligent Temperature Controlled Fans control the temperature of the PTZ, and heat dissipation is highly effective. Innovative Snow Removal Technology – heats the Lens and Lamp areas to melt off ice and snow
5. Powerful Zoom– Real optical WDR (Wide Dynamic Range with 120DB gain) from Sony. This feature can help with blinding glare, and when the sun is behind someone you are trying to identify.
6. Multiple Alarm Inputs– This can facilitate many scenarios. For example: connect a door or other type of sensor, and program the actions based on that – such as going to a preset position, send an email, etc.
7. Tamper Resistant– Ideally, you want to mount your PTZ somewhere up high to get the best possible view, which also affords some physical protection. Our PTZ cameras are built with rigid metal housings and high strength polycarbonate domes, making them virtually shatterproof to vandals.
8. Auto Focus– With full range autofocus built-in, no matter where you to pan, tilt, or zoom the resulting picture will be sharp and clear. Our PTZ cameras have faster autofocus than others on the market.
9. Simplified Installation– With each PTZ you receive a Wall Mount and a Flush Pendant Mount for an easy install. We also have other options of mounting brackets and Junction Boxes.
10. High Definition Options– 2 megapixel with 1080p resolution at 30 fps (frames per second) and can be set to 720p or lower if needed.
With all these options and still many more to choose from, a PTZ is a smart choice for many when deciding on what kind of camera or cameras you need for your security system. For more information, please contact one of our Design Engineers toll-free 866-264-0041 or stop by our website.